ARCHIVED POST N.B. This post is based on the 2012 Osteopathic Practice Standards and therefore may not reflect current legislation or current Mint procedures.
- All your advertising materials must be compliant with the Advertising Standard Authority regulations –you can only claim to treat/help the conditions allowed under the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) Code – this is a legal requirement applicable to all healthcare practices
- The regulations apply to all printed advertising, your practice website and any other online promotion you undertake through social media, email, text or other avenues
- There is a list of conditions that you may claim to treat on the CAP website
- You must strike a balance between communicating with patients regularly in a helpful and informative way compared with becoming a nuisance communicating too regularly or with irrelevant information
- CAP offer a free service for practitioners to check your copy is compliant with regulations – submit your dopy via their website and they will normally return it within 24 hours