Mint will run courses on any aspect of the Mint Folder. We believe learning should be informative, interactive, and enhance your practice.
If you would like Deborah to speak at your clinic or group, please contact her: email@example.com
The 5 C’s of the Osteopathic Practice Standards
UCO – Saturday 12th October 2019 0900-1730
This course identifies 5 key areas of the Osteopathic Practice Standards as Communication, Consent, Conduct, Competence and Complaints. An overview of each of these areas will enable osteopaths to be knowledgeable about requirements and leave with the practical skills to maintain high clinical standards.
This will be an interactive course involving examples and challenges to help osteopaths consider and improve their standards in each of these key areas of practice.
Communication and Consent
South Wales Osteopathic Society – Saturday 26th October 2019 0930-1400
An interactive workshop on communication and consent – what do you need to do for informed consent, what should you write down? How can you improve your communication with patients?
Contact the society via their website here
Recorded Mint Webinars – coming soon
Mint Webinars will soon be available for purchase as recorded webinars for your CPD.
Previous live webinars
Is there an osteopathic solution to the Puzzle of Persistent Pain?
- Why is pain puzzling? Consider the latest research on persistent pain
- An overview of evidence for osteopathic treatments
- Is there a solution for persistent pain?
- Understand how osteopaths may be able to apply an evidence based approach to persistent pain
Stress testing your patient records – Monday 25th March 6:30pm
- Understand what should be included in your patient records
- Know the importance of your patient records for patient care
- Test how your records stand-up
- Refine your notes for new patients and returning patients
5 things you should know about communication – Monday 25th February 6:30pm
- Appreciate the importance of communication
- Reflect on different methods of communication
- Understand nocebo and placebo language
- Motivate patients with communication skills
- Identify areas for improving your communication
Handling Complaints – Monday 28th January 6:30pm
- Update on new Osteopathic Practice Standards relating to complaints
- Make sure you have a robust complaints procedure
- Be confident in handling complaints
- Know how to receive and learn from feedback
- Appreciate feedback as an opportunity for professional development
- Apply the Duty of Candour