Mint will run courses on any aspect of the Mint Folder. We believe learning should be informative, interactive, and enhance your practice.
If you would like Deborah to speak at your clinic or group, please contact her: email@example.com
The 5 C’s of the Osteopathic Practice Standards
UCO – Saturday 1st February 0900-1730
This course identifies 5 key areas of the Osteopathic Practice Standards as Communication, Consent, Conduct, Competence and Complaints. An overview of each of these areas will enable osteopaths to be knowledgeable about requirements and leave with the practical skills to maintain high clinical standards.
This will be an interactive course involving examples and challenges to help osteopaths consider and improve their standards in each of these key areas of practice.
Communication and Consent
Norfolk Osteopaths – Saturday 29th February 2020 0900-1300
An interactive workshop on communication and consent – what do you need to do for informed consent, what should you write down? How can you improve your communication with patients?
The art of Professionalism Explored
UCO – Saturday 6th June 2020
This course explores and applies theme D of the Osteopathic Practice Standards – professionalism. Complaints are not something any professional wants to receive but learning to prevent complaints and handle and respond to them is all part of the art of professionalism. The course will look at preventing complaints and responding to complaints by learning from real case examples of complaints that osteopaths receive. A practical, interactive approach will help you to gain more than a theoretical understanding but tools that you can apply in clinic in the face of concerns or complaints.
The second part of the course will consider other aspects of professionalism including boundaries, candour, data and professional reputation. This will again be a very practical exploration of maintaining professionalism in all aspects of practice.
This course will help osteopaths to understand and develop their professionalism and provide CPD relevant to Theme D of the Osteopathic Practice Standards.
Bespoke Clinic courses
Osteopath clinics are booking Deborah to deliver courses to their staff on communication and consent.
London – Thursday 5th March 2020 0900-1230 – Communication and Consent
Carlisle – Date to be confirmed – 5Cs course
Deborah lectures once per month so if you would like to book a course for your clinic enquire now while there is still availability in 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Mint Webinars
Mint Webinars are available for purchase as recorded webinars for your CPD. All around 1 hour, watch at your own convenience – Buy them here.
- Understand what should be included in your patient records
- Know the importance of your patient records for patient care
- Test how your records stand-up
- Refine your notes for new patients and returning patients
- Consider the importance of communication and how you gain consent
- Understand the benefits and risks of treatment
- What is required for informed consent
- How can you implement good consent procedures.
- Appreciate the importance of communication
- Reflect on different methods of communication
- Understand nocebo and placebo language
- Motivate patients with communication skills
- Identify areas for improving your communication
- Update on new Osteopathic Practice Standards relating to complaints
- Make sure you have a robust complaints procedure
- Be confident in handling complaints
- Know how to receive and learn from feedback
- Appreciate feedback as an opportunity for professional development
- Apply the Duty of Candour
- Why is pain puzzling? Consider the latest research on persistent pain
- An update on some of the models for clinical reasoning in light of the recent evidence
- Is there a solution for persistent pain?
- Understand how osteopaths may be able to apply an evidence based approach to persistent pain